Pro Battery Safety CAN Sensor
This CAN based Battery Safety Sensor measures:
- Absolute pressure from 0.3 to 1.2 Bar,
- Temperature from -30 to 120 degrees C,
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs),
- Absolute Humidity in mg/m^3,
- Dew point temperature,
- Shock load and duration up to +/-24G
The configurable CAN bus speed and address along with the supplied DBC file allows easy integration into almost any vehicle with a CAN bus. This sensor can be used to analyse local air quality to detect early failures due to cell venting - watch our own experiment here: Battery Safety Sensor from Metis Engineering detects venting and thermal runaway.
The sensor also detects the full battery environment and thus impact damage can be determined.
The molex connector, wide ranging input voltage and the small size and mass of the unit allows easy interface into most vehicles.
Get in touch for more information.