- Research & Development Sensors
- R&D Air Quality CAN Sensor
R&D Air Quality CAN Sensor
This CAN based Air Quality sensor measures:
- Absolute pressure from 0.2 to 5.5 Bar,
- Temperature from -30 to 120 degrees C,
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) in ppb,
- Equivalent CO2 (eCO2) in ppm,
- H2 in ppm,
- Absolute Humidity in mg/m^3,
- Dew point temperature.
The unit features a replaceable air filter.
The configurable CAN bus speed and address along with the supplied DBC file allows easy integration into almost any vehicle with a CAN bus. This sensor can be used to analyse local air quality, for example it can be used in battery systems to detect early failures due to cell venting or vehicle HVAC systems - see our own experiment here: Use of Metis CAN Air Quality Sensor to Detect Cell Venting.
The choice of 6 pin IP67 connector or 300mm pig tail, wide ranging input voltage and the small size and mass of the unit allows easy interface into most vehicles.
- Spec Sheet
- User Manual
- CAD Model
- CAN dbc (Right click link and Save As)
1 x R&D Air Quality CAN Sensor
1 x Sensor connector with 10 x crimps
Whilst in operation it is not unusual for the eCO2 values to drift. Re-calibration of the eCO2 reading may be required intermittently.